Welcome to the SACU Statistical Database
The SACU Statistical Database provides Merchandise Trade and Economic Statistics of the SACU Member States; Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa and Swaziland. The data is sourced from the National Statistical Offices and the Central Banks. Time series of data for Member States starts as far back as follows:
- -Merchandise Trade (2007)
- -Balance of Payment (Q1:2006)
- -Consumer Price Index (January 2006)
- -Government Finance Statistics (2000/01)
- -Monetary Financial Statistics (January 2006)
- -National Accounts (2000)
Merchandise trade data is provided at an annual level and is classified using HS 2007 up to 6 digits where data is available.
The highest frequency in economic statistics is monthly data, while other variables are provided at quarterly and annual level.